UPDATE (October 17, 2021)
Newcastle Basketball follows the advice as outlined in NSW public health order and by the NSW Government. The current restrictions are in place for the return of community sport from October 18 and until the NSW Government further eases restrictions.
For fully vaccinated adults (aged 16 years and over), children under the age of 16, and people who have been issued with a medical contraindication certificate compliant with the Public Health Order:
- The maximum capacity at an indoor recreation facility is 1 person per 4 square metres.
- Masks must still be worn when not participating in exercise.
- A child (15 years and under) is not required to be accompanied by an adult member of the household. All adults attending an indoor recreation facility must be fully vaccinated.
Newcastle Basketball will also be enforcing the following to help comply and protect our members:
- Teams in all junior competitions will only be allowed two adults per team (coach & scorer) and both must be double vaccinated to enter the building.
- Until advised otherwise all competitions at Newcastle Basketball will be PLAYERS ONLY.
- Aussie Hoops sessions will remain closed to spectators and parents will be required to drop players off and pick them up after the sessions have finished.
- Mini Hoops players will be allowed 1 fully vaccinated adult to attend per child.
- We will have a dedicated drop-off/pick-up zone in the carpark to try to make this process operate as smoothly as possible.
- The stadium will remain – ‘Come – Play – Go’. Players and Team staff are not to loiter in the stadium. Players are recommended to get to games no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
There will be NO casual hire during the day as the stadium will be open for organised competitions, trials, and training only.
We hope to have casual hire during the day once restrictions have been further lifted.
Those required to be vaccinated must show their status prior to entering the building. Masks are mandatory to enter Newcastle Basketball Stadium, Macquarie College or Hunter Sports High.
- Mini Hoops, Aussie Hoops & Under 8s & 10s Term 4 programs will begin from Monday October 25.
- 2021/22 Junior Summer Competition competition begins Wednesday October 20 & Friday October 22.
- 2021 McDonalds Winter Club Competition will have minor rounds on Saturday October 23 & Sunday October 24. Finals will be played the weekend of October 30 & 31.
- 2021 Spring Senior Competitions all senior competitions resume as of Monday October 18.