BISHOP TYRELL ANGLICAN COLLEGE – EMAIL
If you have any further questions please contact the Junior Basketball Manager
Elyse Hicks (email@example.com).
As per previous years, Newcastle Basketball will again be running a club competition alongside existing clubs City Limits, Port Hunter, Lakers & West Basketball Clubs. In 2021 Bishop Tyrell Anglican College has also joined as a club of Newcastle. If you have any questions, you should contact your club first and then, if necessary, please contact the Junior Basketball Manager.
Registrations are now open. Registrations will close March 14, 2021
Once registrations reach 1200 players, any registration after this will be placed on a waiting list, and the player will be contacted when a position becomes available at your club of choice.
Age Groups for the 2021 Competition
Under 12s – born in 2010 & younger
Under 14s – Born in 2008 & 2009
Under 16s – Born in 2006 & 2007
Under 18s – Born in 2004 & 2005
Under 21s – Born between 2001 & 2003
Competition Starts: Week beginning 19th April
Semi-Finals: Week beginning 6th September
Grand Finals: Week beginning 13th September
There will be no games scheduled between the 26/6 till 9/07 for the July School Holidays.
Competition nights for each division will be similar to the 2020 season. Neither the clubs nor Newcastle Basketball will confirm competition nights until after registrations have been received to understand each competition’s capacity. Please be patient as we work through this.
2020 Competition Breakdown (this may change for 2021).
|WEDNESDAY NIGHTS||FRIDAY NIGHTS|
Under 12s Girls & Boys Division 1
Under 14s Girls & Boys Division 1
Under 16s Girls & Boys Division 1
Under 18s Girls & Boys All Divisions
Under 12s Girls & Boys Division 2, 3 & 4
Under 14s Girls & Boys Division 2, 3 & 4
Under 16s Girls & Boys Division 2, 3 & 4
There are a few small changes that players and parents need to know when registering in the competition for 2021.
- Competition Fees will be $235 per player regardless of what club you play for. All players must have an active Annual Membership to Basketball NSW & Newcastle Basketball.
- Players will be allocated once to the competition, then once nominations have closed players will be considered and invited to play in a second competition.
- All representative sides will only be allowed to enter in the age group above where space is available or to create an even number of teams in the Division 1 competition.
- All Junior Representative Players must be playing in the Winter Club Competition to qualify for their representative team. If players seek an exemption, they must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com outlining their reasons. This will be assessed on a case by case basis and for extenuating circumstances only.
- In 2021 all players must nominate to play in their age group according to their date of birth. When registering, players may seek an exemption to play in the competition above but will not be allowed in the competition below. This again will be assessed on a case by case basis and for extenuating circumstances only. You will be notified after registrations have closed and once teams have been formed if this is a possibility.
- Each club will be limited to the following number of transfers: A club can accept 2 Representative Players per division per age group per gender. If you decide to transfer between clubs, your request will have to be approved by the club you leave to ensure nothing is outstanding.
- State/National or Hunter Representative Players in Division 1 and 2 must play in the Division 1 competition for their respective club.
- All clubs have agreed to a points-based system when allocating players to teams. Whilst they will consider friendship groups and requests, please note that the clubs may be restricted due to this new allocation system.
- Players will only be deemed allocated to a club once competition fees have been paid in full and any transfer requests if required has been completed.