BISHOP TYRELL ANGLICAN COLLEGE – EMAIL
CITY LIMITS BASKETBALL CLUB – WEBSITE – FACEBOOK
LAKERS BASKETBALL CLUB – WEBSITE – FACEBOOK
PORT HUNTER BASKETBALL CLUB – WEBSITE – FACEBOOK
WEST BASKETBALL CLUB (NEWCASTLE) – WEBSITE – FACEBOOK
If you have any further questions please contact the Junior Basketball Manager
Elyse Hicks (firstname.lastname@example.org).
AGE GROUPS FOR THE 2021 COMPETITION
Under 12s – born in 2010 & younger
Under 14s – Born in 2008 & 2009
Under 16s – Born in 2006 & 2007
Under 18s – Born in 2004 & 2005
Under 21s – Born between 2001 & 2003
Competition Starts: Week beginning 19th April
Semi-Finals: Week beginning 6th September
Grand Finals: Week beginning 13th September
There will be no games scheduled between the 26/6 till 9/07 for the July School Holidays.
Competition nights for each division will be similar to the 2020 season. Neither the clubs nor Newcastle Basketball will confirm competition nights until after registrations have been received to understand each competition’s capacity. Please be patient as we work through this. This information will be released around mid to late April.
There are a few small changes that players and parents need to know when registering in the competition for 2021.
- Competition Fees will be $235 per player. Additional to this is an Annual Rego fee that all players must have.
- Players will only get the chance to play in two teams once every wanting to participate in this comp has a team to play in.
- Players must nominate in their age group according to their date of birth. Players may seek an exemption to play in the competition above but will not be allowed in the competition below. This again will be assessed on a case by case basis and for extenuating circumstances only.
- Each club will be limited to the following number of transfers: A club can accept 2 Representative Players per division per age group. Players changing clubs MUST have a clearance from their previous club.
- State/National or Newcastle representative players in Division 1 and 2 must play in the Division 1 competition for their respective club.
- All clubs have agreed to a points-based system when allocating players to teams. Whilst they will consider friendship groups and requests, please note that the clubs may be restricted due to this new allocation system.
- Players will only be allocated to a club once competition fees have been paid in full and any transfer requests, if required, have been completed.