Updates about the current lockdown and COVID can be found here.
Newcastle Basketball’s popular Summer Junior Competitions start in Term 4, 2021, and end in Term 1, 2022, and are a great way to stay in basketball shape and have fun with your mates this summer. Round up your friends and nominate your team.
Player to Team Nominations will close 1 week prior to the competition starting.
All questions should be directed to the Junior Basketball Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org / 0249613185
- Team Nominations are closed.
- Nominations are to a preferred division only.
- The Junior Basketball Manager will finalise all grading decisions.
- Teams must invite players to join their team using the Team Code and this link: HERE
Individuals Looking for a Team:
- Register your interest HERE
- This does not guarantee you a team
- A team will make contact with you if they are looking for players
Age Groups are set as of 31 December 2021. There will be no allowance for players to play in the age group below. Players can play in the age group above.
Players can play in multiple teams however, not in the same age group.
- U11s – 2011 and younger
- U13s – 2009 & 2010
- U15s – 2007 & 2008
- U17s – 2005 & 2006
- Round 1: Expected Start 20th or 27th October
- Semi Finals: March 30
- Grand Finals: April 6
- Under 13 & Under 17
- Round 1: Expected Start 22nd or 29th October
- Semi Finals: April 1
- Grand Finals: April 8
- Under 11 & Under 15
**The start of the competition will depend on the current COVID Lockdown. The competition will begin as soon as the NSW Government allows. COVID Updates can be found here.
Games will not be played during the Summer Holidays – 11th December until 1st February.
Games may be played at the following venues: Newcastle Basketball, Macquarie College or Hunter Sports High. Teams have to be available for all timeslots and all venues.
Timeslots will be rotated accordingly. Wherever possible younger teams will play earlier in the night however this is not guaranteed. All teams must be available at all timeslots.
- 4.15pm, 5.05pm. 5.55pm, 6.45pm, 7.35pm, 8.25pm
- Team nomination fee of $30.00.
- Individual player competition fees $160.00 per player, per team.
- Players must have an Active Annual Membership with BNSW & Newcastle
- Annual Registration can be done HERE.
- Forfeit – Notified $50.00 (invoiced after forfeit)
- Forfeit – Not Notified $85.00 (invoiced after forfeit)