2020/21 Summer Junior Competitions.
These are open to school teams, club teams, and anyone who wants to play basketball, so get a team together and join the summer fun.
Basketball is the greatest team sport for developing fine motor skills which will improve your performance in many other sports.
The Summer Junior Comp offers boys’ and girls’ divisions in Under-11, Under-13, Under-15 and Under-17 age groups. Cost is only $150 per player and includes 2 FREE Sunday Skills Sessions.
Registrations for 2020/21 are team-based. Any individuals who do not have a team will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try and find them a team for the season ahead. Any teams who would like to enter the competition late will need to contact email@example.com.
Sunday Skills Sessions:
Sunday, November 8 (9:30am-11am)
Sunday, November 22 (9:30am-11am)
All teams will be required to pay a bond of $50 for the competition. This will be refunded in full at the end of the season when a team has not withdrawn from the competition or forfeited any matches.
- Forfeit – Notified $50.00
- Forfeit – Not Notified $85.00
- Game/Match Fees $150.00 per player for the season
- Annual Registration with Basketball NSW & Newcastle Basketball (Annual Registration fee is $100 for new players aged 12-17, but this is FREE by using your second Active Kids voucher. Annual Registration for new players aged 8-11 is $65).
All fixtures can be found here.
WEDNESDAY NIGHTS starting October 14 (14 rounds)
- Semi Finals: March 10
- Grand Finals: March 17
- Under 15 & Under 17
FRIDAY NIGHTS starting October 16 (14 rounds)
- Semi Finals: March 12
- Grand Finals: March 19
- Under 11 & Under 13
Games will not be played during the Summer Holidays (December 12 to February 1).
- U11s (Born 2010 or later)
- U13s (Born 2008-09)
- U15s (Born 2006-07)
- U17s (Born 2004-05)