2019 Newcastle Basketball Academy
The Newcastle Basketball Academy will be conducting 2 programs in 2019.
The NBA is aimed at non-representative players who wish to improve their game. Each program concludes with a tournament, a great opportunity to test their new found skills in a competitive environment.
- Selected from Hunters Representative trials November 2018
- Graduating at the Country Championship June 2019.
- Open to 2nd Division Representative players and non-representative players, trials end July 2019
- Graduating at the Seaside Classic Tournament early November 2019
Monday afternoons – U12s & U14s Boys and Girls.
Tuesday afternoons – U16s & U18s Boys and Girls.
Both sessions are held at the Newcastle Basketball stadium (27 Young Road, Broadmeadow) with both sessions running from 4.15pm to 5.45pm.
Australian U17’s Saphires Head Coach and now Newcastle Basketball’s Coaching Director, Shannon Seebohm, will oversee the program, along with members of our Hunters Senior men and women.
To participate in the Newcastle Basketball Academy, it is $300 per player which includes the below;
- Reversible Playing Singlet
- Water bottle
- Expert Coaching
- 16 weeks of on court training
- All court hire costs
- Hunters Skills Sessions
- Tournament Nomination fees
Each player included in the Newcastle Basketball Academy are also encouraged to attend our Hunters Skills sessions that are held on Tuesday mornings 6.15am-7.30am during each school term. This is an additional session that allows players to further develop their skills whilst participating in the NBA.
- Numbers are restricted
- Nominations into tournaments will depend upon appropriate numbers in each age group.
- Tournament accommodation is not included in the Program Fee.