2019 Newcastle Basketball Academy
The NBA is aimed at non-representative players who wish to improve their game. Each program concludes with a tournament, a great opportunity to test their new found skills in a competitive environment.
Newcastle Basketball are excited to be bringing back our Newcastle Basketball Academy (NBA) Program for Intake 2 in 2019.
This intake will give our young up and coming players, division 2 representative players and new club competition members an opportunity to work with our Director of Coaching, Shannon Seebohm, along with a variety of members from our Senior Waratah League Teams.
Intake 2 of the NBA will be open to the below age groups;
- Under 11s (born in 2009, 10, 11) All representative & club level players
- Under 13s (born in 2007, 08) – Div 2 representative & club level players, also those who played Division 1 U12 rep in 2019.
- Under 15s (born 2005, 06) – Div 2 representative & club level players
Trials (all sessions 4.15-5.45pm):
- U11 GIRLS – Monday 24th June
- U13 & U15 GIRLS – Tuesday 25th June
- U11 BOYS – Monday 1st July
- U13 & U15 Boys – Tuesday 2nd July
PLEASE NOTE: There may be additional trials on the 29th & the 30th of July, pending the first trials numbers.
To participate in the Newcastle Basketball Academy, it is $150 per player which includes the below;
- Reversible Playing Singlet
- Expert Coaching
- 1.5 hour on court training sessions for the duration of the program
- All court hire costs
- Hunters Skills Sessions
- First training sessions – Monday 5th & Tuesday 6th of August / 4.15 to 5.45pm (training days for each age group will be decided following trials)
- Seaside Classic – 2nd & 3rd of November ** It is our intention to nominate teams into this competition, though this gives us no guarantee that Port Macquarie will accept these nominations. Teams will be selected from the trials. Program fees do not include the nomination fee and associated costs of the classic, we expect these to be approx. $60 per player (excludes accommodation & food).
- Register via the link below for the ‘Free’ trial
- NBA participants will be selected from the trial & notified of NBA acceptance
- Accept position and pay program fees (online $150)
- If you are unable to trial, you must still register for the trial via the link, but also email Coach Seebohm (firstname.lastname@example.org) explaining your absence.
- You must declare if you wish to participate in the NBA program, but are unable to attend the Seaside Classic. You will still be considered for the program though it is important to know so we can still field teams.
- The program fee does not include any costs associated with the Seaside Classic.
Each player included in the Newcastle Basketball Academy are also encouraged to attend our Hunters Skills sessions that are held on Tuesday mornings 6.15am – 7.30am during each school term. This is an additional session that allows players to further develop their skills whilst participating in the NBA.
- Numbers are restricted
- Nominations into tournaments will depend upon appropriate numbers in each age group.
- Tournament accommodation is not included in the Program Fee.